Assignment 1

Instagram is a social media service/platform that allows its users to share their day to day activities through the 24-hour story option, as well as allowing its users to post different kinds of content to their own personal page. With time this social media platform has added many features such as live videos, IGTV, reels, different kinds of video features, stories features, shoppable tags through stories, push notifications and many more.

One of the most familiar social media services/platforms for me is Instagram. I joined this social media service in 2012. Back then, Instagram was not as big of a social media platform as now. Instagram has grown drastically within a 10-year time frame. It was not possible to do half the things that Instagram allows you to do nowadays. I think that with time, Instagram has managed to make itself more known to the public eye, especially for millennials and gen z. Many entrepreneurs and companies are also taking advantage of this platform in a way that they advertise/sell their items/products through this platform.


Youtube is a video-sharing social media platform first created in the year 2005. This is a platform/service that allows the public to create, search, and watch videos from all around the globe. YouTubers get paid by advertising videos on this platform through their youtube channel. Once an individual creates their own channel through this platform and starts uploading videos, other people have the option to subscribe to their channel, this way whenever the individual/YouTuber uploads a brand new video, the person that has subscribed to their channel can watch the video easily.

Personally, I don't have my own youtube channel, but I am an active user of this social media platform. I prefer to watch other people's videos and I find them very amusing. I am subscribed to about 10 YouTuber's channels.


1 social media platform I am not familiar with would be Reddit. I have seen Reddit every now and then when I search for some answers from google, but I never knew what the purpose of the platform was.

Turns out that Reddit is a platform where users can ask questions to strangers and can get answers within minutes or hours. Another thing that Reddit is able to do is to advertise. I think that almost all social media platforms nowadays allow their users to advertising their products/items in some way. I think this is a very positive thing especially if someone is a newly established business or an individual company/ sole company. 


There are many organizations/companies in the international business world that use/take advantage of the benefits of social media platforms. For example, Shopify is a 100% e-commerce platform that allows people to start their own online shop and sell their products. Shopify allows its users to sell their products through Instagram and Facebook as well. Shopify uses these social media platforms in a way that connects the items/products that a person has in Shopify to their Instagram page in order for other people to see said products/items. The same goes for Facebook.

Another company that uses social media is Chipotle.

Chipotle is a Mexican Grill restaurant based in the United States. This restaurant has recently used the social media platform, Tiktok, to better advertise the restaurant by posting challenges such as the #ChipotleLidFlip or #GuacDance for the users of Tiktok to participate in. By joining this social media platform and creating different kinds of content, the restaurant has successfully increased digital sales and revenue growth.


Social media plays a big role in almost anyone's day-to-day life. 

After examining all my social media platforms, I have come to the conclusion that I am an audience of all my social media platforms. Sure every once in a while posting pictures or videos will happen, but in the bigger picture, I prefer to be entertained by other people rather than be the entertainer. 

Google has apparently provided Alisya Johanna Miettinen in a way that it has taken all social media platforms that go/match with my name. So my digital identity is formed from all my social media platforms.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self evaluation for Social Media Opportunities for Work and Leisure

Travelling to foreign countries.